Thursday, June 27, 2013

Patriotic Wreath

I know that I should just be busy working on my cross-stitch project (my deadline to finish the outlines is quickly approaching), but I just had to do something quick and easy to get that instant crafting gratification.

I decided that it was time to retire for the year my Spring wreath with daffodils and peonies and update to something a little more Summery.  I wanted something that would work for a good chunk of the Summer.  Something that was patriotic with out screaming "I'm a flag!!!"


Here's what I used:

  • 1 styrofoam wreath form that I got at Salvation Army
  • 1 sheet of craft grass paper in blue and silver
  • several stars of various sizes
  • craft paint in white and silver
  • red and white fabric from Wal-Mart

This came together pretty easily.  In fact, I managed to make it during nap-time!  Cut the fabric into strips and wrap around the wreath sticking it down as you go with plenty of hot glue.  I painted all of the stars with craft paint I had around the house.  Glue the big stars to the grass paper and trim to make circles (I just eye-balled it, but you could use something to trace and make a nice circle).  Glue all the stars to the wreath and try not to burn your fingers. 



 Voila!  Your wreath is done!  Now to get back to my stitching...

No comments:

Post a Comment