Thursday, July 11, 2013

Serial Starter

 I have a major problem...I'm a serial started.  I get all excited about a project, buy the materials, come up with a great plan, start working, and then....
Well, that's the problem.  Life interferes with the progress, I lose interest, something doesn't go as planned and I get frustrated etc.  Maybe if I air out my dirty little secret, it will help me get some of these projects done out of pure shame and embarrassment at how long some of them have been around.  

First up: Monogram Cross-Stitch I designed for my son's bedroom.  I began it last summer, stitched it up mostly during vacation only to discover that I was off by one row on the zig zag to the right of the B and needed to tear it out and redo it.  So, it sat for almost a year.  I made myself finish it this spring before my daughter was born and now it is just hanging around waiting to be framed...someday.



Second: Burp cloths for the baby.  These haven't been around too long because I really need them fast. I've already made some, but got seriously delayed when our basement flooded a month ago.  Oh yeah, that is where all of my arts and crafts stuff is located. :(



Third:  Fabric that I purchased to make a toddler quilt for my son's bed.  I bought this beautiful array of oranges and greens as a birthday present for myself and was planning on making a quilt for my son's 1st birthday that he could use on his toddler bed.  He is almost 27 months old now and this is now going to be made into a twin bed quilt because I figure by the time I actually get this done, he will no longer be in a toddler bed.



Finally:  This is the most embarrassing....This is a mural that my loving husband asked me to make of a White Oak tree...his favorite tree and the name of the street where we live.  He gifted me all of this canvas to do with what I wanted and hang in our stairwell for our 2nd anniversary...we celebrate five years this August.  Ooops.



Well, there you have it.  Those are the projects that are sitting in limbo just aching to be completed.  Oh yeah, and I still have this to work on too.  
I'm ready for a nap.

2 comments:

  1. If I comment, it will mean that I know that I have a finishing problem. Sooo...yes, I do the same thing. I started knitting a blanket for Skylar before she was born. She didn't get it until Christmas 2012. She was 3 1/2. And it was her 4th Christmas. Luckily the blanket is h-u-g-e. Most importantly, I've learned not to do projects where I have to sew together all of those dang squares. Glad to know I'm not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we need to form a crafting support group! :)

      Delete