Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Birds and the B

 I just realized this morning that I had not yet posted my second Fall Pinterest Party project!  If you are a Facebook fan of mine then you have already seen it.  If not, then here is it!



This is my Pinterest inspired bird silhouette painting!  It turned out really cute.  I love the look of the old book pages (although it hurt just a little to tear up a book) with the black silhouette against it.  I would say that the skill level for this project is just a tiny bit harder than the leafy letters, but don't worry, I'll help you make it.



Again, if you are interested in hosting your own Fall Pinterest Party, just let me know either via email or a message on Facebook.  I'm already booking dates in September so the earlier you reserve yours, the better!

In other news, I finished another one of my looming unfinished projects.  I finally got around to framing my cross-stitch letter B that I made for my son's room.  I don't know why I was so scared to frame it, it was really quite simple.  All I did was find some scrap white fabric ( I had some leftover white sheet from making curtains) and some quilt batting (I knew I had been saving that bag of batting from Granny for the last six years for a reason) and then made a little sandwich of them in the frame:  frame back, batting, white fabric, and cross-stitch.  The glass for this frame was broken a very long time ago, which made it perfect for my use!



Here it is in my son's room.  I think it looks pretty good.  It is hanging over his little book nook and he loves pointing at it and saying, "B!  Mama, B!"

No comments:

Post a Comment